Friday, October 28, 2011

30 Day Challenge DAY ONE ~ Self Portrait {Suwanee, GA Child & Family Photographer}


Day One is complete! And I think this is going to be a fun challenge. The idea, again, is to take one picture a day (as required) for 30 days. Your level of photography doesn't matter - it is really just for fun and to get you thinking. Feel free to jump in anytime and start where we are at or play catch up .... e-mail me your daily photos to tami@little-imaginations.com. And tell your friends to play along because this is fun!

So for me .... a self portrait needed to be more than one thing - you know, to fit my many personalities, ha ha..... so *I* decided to do a collage of photos. You don't have to do what I do and you can think outside the box or keep it simple .... whatever floats your boat - or camera.....

My self portrait below kind of describes a little about me.... starting at the top left I chose to use a picture of my flip flops. I hate shoes. Really .... flip flops are who I am .... as you can see, these are worn and loved.... next was an overexposed picture of me taking a picture of me in the rear view mirror.... funny how the exposure didn't work out - but sometimes the worst pictures turn out kinda cool anyway ... then my happy place - Sonic. Happy hour is 2-5 every day with half price drinks. (Free advertising SONIC ... you are welcome ....) Nothing beats a diet coke from Sonic and unless you get it, you don't get it ..... Then me in black and white .... I did use my timer and set up a reflector (to my left) opposite the window (to my right) ..... I don't shoot inside so it was a challenge for me to try it which, I think, is part of the exercise .... and, of course, I turned me black and white because who doesn't look better that way .... and the clarity slider is my friend but that is besides the point. Anyhow ...... Out of boredom I went outside and played with sidewalk chalk. Alone. Oh yes I did. And the bottom three.... the witch? Needs no real explanation. ;o) The beer .... um hello? Have you met me? I actually manipulated this photo the wrong dimensions - not going to lie - so it actually reminds me of a lifetouch picture where every kid looks swollen and thick in the neck ..... and then, last but not least, my collection of stuff my kids made at school. 3 kids = a lot of treasures!! It all sits behind my sink in a sort of hoarder fashion. I can't part with any of it..... if anyone has any better suggestions on how to display it all, I would love to hear ... so far I haven't come across anything for this on pinterest. :o)

Photobucket

And now ... to introduce the people who are so willing to play along!

This is Rossette ...... she is a good friend of mine with 3 adorable kids . She totally copied me and did a collage that represented her life. (Just kidding, Rossette)




And this is Michelle - Michelle took an awesome self portrait..... she has really long arms! :o)

Photobucket


My sister in law Erin also did a sort of collage - she is bottom left in the self portrait picture - which *AHEM* looks like it might have been taken by someone other than said "SELF" but she got the idea down and did something that reflected her..... which, again, is open to interpretation and thinking outside of the box.... I am rambling and need coffee.....

Photobucket


This is cousin Samantha ..... cousin Sam is in the military and we couldn't be more proud and thankful of her and her husband, Roger. USA! USA!

Photobucket


And this is my friend Esther from high school. Esther, like me, is going to be a really old mom. :o) It makes me happy when friends my age have little babies!

Photobucket


So come on! Invite your friends ... the more the merrier! The assignment for day 2 is "What I wore today." Snap snap snap away!!! Looking forward to tomorrow's photos! :o)

~Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment